Tuesday 28 February 2017

Lovers and Friends



Cue Usher’s Lovers and Friends song

And Celine Dion's Because You Loved Me

Before this month of Love passes, I need to do this post. I could actually do it anytime but why wait?
I spoke with my sister (Prim-not) over the weekend and I mentioned a few people I felt I owed and needed to “pay” asap and babe was talking about “are you dying?” SMH. Anyway, there’s no better time than the present to let those you love know you’re crazy about them.

Cherrywine actually inspired this post. She had a galantines day and did a giveaway. You can read all about it here. For the giveaway, she asked us readers to tell her what our friends mean to us and how they've impacted us.

Here’s what I wrote:  

My friends are simply put, a blessing. When life knocks me down (as it is wont to do from time to time), they're my happy place. They share my worries (Oh lord, this they soooo do) and help me with anything I need; a smile, a hug, vodka or proofreading lol. They're also resourceful and they generally make my life way easier.

As for how they've impacted me, they have shown me to be open-minded (seeing as how I met the crop of friends I'm referring to in this post is pretty erm interesting). So yea, they've basically shown me (over and over) what love means.

However, this got me thinking even more about how I sometimes take friendships for granted. I’m not sure I say enough to my friends how much they have impacted me/how much they mean to me. I mean, my friends are basically always there when I need them. Let’s not forget how much of a lazy “caller’’ I am, so it’s not like I do a lot of checking-up but my friends totally don’t care. They know me and love me, curves, edges and all. They legit always have my back, no questions asked. There are some I don’t talk to for months and when we eventually talk, it’s like no time has passed.

I need to talk about my stress, broke, work, weight, hair, edges, skin, nails; the most seemingly inconsequential, they’re ready to jump in. And laughter, OMG, they make me laugh so hard and loud. Amazing stuff.
 
For real for real


So here goes, to the most amazing lovers aka friends aka sweeties aka backbones ever (y'all know yourselves), you guys rock. I might not say it enough but you make life so colourful and beautiful. I know life gets in the way sometimes but believe me, I love you guys so much. Here’s a huge sloppy kiss from me. Xoxo


And nope, I am not dying…yet :D

I'll be back.
Kisses

P.S: I have a rant but leme keep that for my next post
And i started watching The Bachelors again. Yea, i know. I judge me even more. I'm obviously a glutton for punishment

15 comments:

  1. I'm also guilty of acting like I take my friends for granted esp my 'Bestie'. Long distance sucks sha else I'd be all up in her face.
    I Miss U Plenty B.
    As for 'The Bachelor', knowing who he eventually proposed to makes it a bit easier watching. But Nick is a pretty fine & genuine young man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Toin,

    This was a very sweet post.

    Friends who enrich our lives are like precious gems. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my year of been the better friend...I feel like I have been selfish with my friends these past years and only hook up with them when I want.

    Cheers to awesome friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely... Friends make this world bearable

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toinlicious, I love my friends too... lately I have one super close friend but I also have life long friends that even if we don't talk often when we do, we pick right back up where we left off... It's the best to have that... Have a lovely week and thank you for your sweet comment xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I;m still beefing you and cherrywine for rigging me out of that giveaway. *side eye*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blessings and Cher's to authenticate friends

    ReplyDelete
  8. A better way of living a great life here on earth I found out is by having good and trustworthy friends around you.
    They help you share the 'world-load'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can't die nau,i have to sign the 'dying' paper first and i may not be ready to till after around 75-80yrs. Hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are well. Do come back to blogging, warm greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Family, friends and purpose make life worth living!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Blogger, Hope you are doing well . I have visited your blog and i want publish your articles on www.flyhiee.com , with your permission . We will give you credit for this. If yes, Please reply with your name and country name.Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Errr updates please!!!

    Hope you are keeping well?

    New url:
    tn0tes.blogspot.com
    Hope we stay in touch better

    ReplyDelete

Hit me nicely